Intentions of the Cuddle Workshops
The Cuddle Workshops allow you to learn and practice consent and communication around platonic touch so you can cuddle in a comforting and relaxing way.
Host: Alie Valérie (profile)
Number of persons: 2 to 9 persons
Calia asserts itself as a solidary space for trans, non-binary & queer people (in other words, the LGBTQIA + spectrum) (of course, no discrimination will be tolerated on site). Moreover, in the same vein, Calia tries not to reproduce the binary logic of genres and believes that the offer or demand for platonic touch should not be hampered by sexual orientation ─ after all, the practice of consent is not binding and every human being does need platonic affection. For all these reasons, the \"man/woman\" sex-ratio is not controlled nor adjusted during Workshops.
Instead, Calia pays particular attention to respect, non-judgment and especially consent so that each person can feel safe at all times and with any other person participating in the Workshop. In fact, let\'s remember that no one expects you to touch anyone and that no one will touch you without your sincere and explicit consent. Calia is above all a therapeutic space where people can feel safe and respected enough to let themselves, according to their own desires and without any pressure, explore or re-learn platonic physical contacts and the outlines of their own consent. Alie, professional in Câlinothérapie, is especially there to make sure of it, to guide you and accompany you throughout the Workshop.
So these are the goals of the workshop:
- Explore platonic touch (dissociate affection from sexuality)
- Practice your own consent and respect that of other people
- Explore your own boundaries and respect those of others
- Take responsibility for your well-being (learn to ask and answer honestly)
- Learn to appreciate refusals
- Respect your changes of mind and those of others
- Leave with an appreciation of a pleasant, comforting or relaxing moment
Since communication is an essential element of consent, participants must ensure that they can understand and speak English (Cliquez ici pour les Ateliers de Câlins en français.).
It should be noted that for issues of consent and security for all, each client must sign the Service Contract thereby agreeing to comply with the terms and conditions of service and Calia’s Code of Conduct which includes the Guide to Consent. The client is aware that there is a video surveillance system and agrees that the session or workshop is filmed. These measures serve only to ensure the safety of all involved. Calia Cuddle therapy ensures the confidentiality of personal information and recording of its clients.
Typical schedule of a Cuddle Workshop
- Arrival of the new participants, we remove our shoes, change if necessary* and settle in Calia’s Space
- INTRODUCTION : Explanation of the rules specific to Calia\'s Cuddle Workshops as the Code of Conduct and the Service Contracts (everyone must have attended the introduction at least once in order to be able to participate in Calia\'s Cuddle Workshops)
- Arrival of the participants who have already attended at least one Cuddle Workshop at Calia. We remove our shoes, change if necessary*, settle in Calia’s Space and sign the Service Contracts (if you arrive before, please, do it in silence so as not to disturb the introduction)
- Closing of the doors (once the workshop had began, no one can join the group, not even if it\'s your Xth Workshop!**)
Welcoming circle (we each present ourselves and start creating this space, this container, where everyone will be able to feel comfortable and respected)
Explanation of the rules of consent and spoken exercises
- Transition to the practice part
Free practice of consent through platonic cuddles (you have no obligation to touch anyone!)
- During the workshop, snacks and refreshments will be offered.
- Closing circle, we listen to everyone\'s experience before leaving this magic bubble
- Departure of the participants***
- A few days after the workshop, you\'ll receive a conclusion email including, among other things, a link to a small survey where you can leave your comments.
- You are expected to have taken a shower and brushed your teeth before arriving. The clothes you wear during the Workshop must be clean and comfortable and cover your body from ankle to waist and from waist to the base of the neck and from shoulders to the forearms (long pants and t-shirt).
- As soon as the workshop starts (15 minutes after the official time) the doors are closed. If You know that you will arrive late by less than 15 minutes, let me know and we will wait for you. But if you are more than 15 minutes late or if you have not notified me, you will not be able to enter. You can still be reimbursed half of what you paid (see the Service Contracts for terms).
- You can leave whenever you want. If you leave during or just after the explanations (but before the start of practice), you can be reimbursed in full (see the Service Contracts for terms).
Cuddle therapy does not include, under any circumstances, any form of explicit or implicit sexuality.
Cuddle therapy is not a licensed medical practice and should not replace the consultation of a health professional, either physical or psychological.