A safe, caring and non-judgmental space where you can be yourself; share your stories and emotions; learn what consent really is and think about its implication in your lives and relationships.
No contact Cuddle Therapy
Above all, a Cuddle Therapy Session offers you a safe, respectful, non-judgmental and relaxing space that allows you to be yourself and honest with your stories, your emotions, your needs and your limits. You can then talk about even the most difficult subjects and benefit from attentive, welcoming and non-judgmental listening from the professional.
Although the professional in Cuddle Therapy is not a psychotherapist , she can still advise you in her areas of expertise, namely consent and touch.
So she can…
- Assist you in the analysis of the validity of a consent in a given situation;
- Help you better understand the different skills of consent and how you can put them into practice in your daily life and in your different relationships;
- Guide you in identifying and expressing the types of touch you really need in order to perfect your communication and negotiations in terms of physical contact.
Knowing how to verify the validity of a consent; understanding the importance and extent of the different skills of consent, as well as being able to clearly identify and express the desired or unwanted physical contacts, are all essential to maintaining healthy and balanced relationships.
“Sometimes just realizing that we have the right to say NO or to change our mind about physical contact that makes us uncomfortable can make all the difference in someone’s life. ..
Personally, the day I learned that I had the right to change my mind [during physical proximity], that even if I’d said YES at the beginning I did HAVE TO stay until the end. ..; That day, there was no cuddling involved, just theory, and it was still an epiphany that changed my life! In fact, it was on that day that I understood how I should create Calia. Everyone should have the chance to realize that their well-being and consent are more important than other people’s pleasure.”
– Alie Valérie
Calia therefore also offers Virtual Cuddle Therapy Sessions for those who want to learn more about touch and how to respect their own consent, without having to go to Calia.
The needs with which No contact Cuddle Therapy can help
Your Cuddle therapy session can have different shapes, according to your needs and boundaries.
These are the main needs for which people come to Calia:
- I want, for a moment, someone to listen to me, rather than me listening to everyone all the time.
- I want to feel connected to an other human being, even if it’s just through conversation.
- I want a space where I can talk about all my problems and worries and be listened to, without any judgment.
- I want a safe and non-judgmental space where I can talk about difficult subjects and live my deep and intense emotions.
- I want to learn more about the different types of cuddles and platonic touches.
- I want to learn about physical contacts and try to understand them despite my autism spectrum or antisocial personality disorders.
- I want to work on my personal growth and learn to affirm myself more, to better communicate and to be more at ease with other people.
- I want to learn what consent really is and how to make sure it is valid in all everyday situations.
- I want to understand and learn to integrate the different skills of consent into my daily life in order to improve my interpersonal relationships in healthy and balanced ways.
- I want to talk about how I could relearn how to appreciate physical contacts despite my post-traumatic stress disorders.
- I want to talk about how I could relearn to respect my own boundaries towards physical contacts despite my post-traumatic stress disorders.
Now about you, what do you need?
Conduct of the Virtual Session
1 Book your Session
By making an appointment here on the website, you can see my availabilities and choose the time that suits you best and the duration you need. In addition, registration and payment are done at the same time, so it simplifies the process (see the Service Contract for reimbursement terms).
2 Prepare for a Virtual Session
Before the videoconference, we will identify together the most suitable application for you and, if necessary, Alie will send you the link to the videoconference.
Since these Sessions take place in two different locations, your personal hygiene is not required, but you still have to wear decent clothes.
3 Your virtual connection with Alie.
Before starting the videoconference, make sure you are in a quiet environment (so that nothing disturbs us), discreet (so that you can talk about confidential matters) and comfortable (so that you can be comfortable throughout the session).
Once connected, but before starting the session per se, Alie will take the time to explain the rules and limits related to this type of session (virtual). Once everything has been discussed and accepted, the session can begin and the timer is started (indeed, the first part does not count in the time you have booked).
4 Your virtual Cuddle Therapy Session.
The course of the session is adapted to everyone (see the different needs with which no contact cuddle therapy can help). Alie will make sure to create a safe, respectful, caring and non-judgmental virtual space where you can be yourself; share your stories and emotions; learn what consent really is and think together about its implication in your lives and relationships.
(Obviously, since consent and personal boundaries respect also apply to conversation subjects, if a particular subject makes you uncomfortable, you can, at any time, decide to change the subject or even to end the session (see the Service Contract).)
Cuddle therapy does not include, under any circumstances, any form of explicit or implicit sexuality. ?
Cuddle therapy is not a licensed medical practice and should not replace the consultation of a health professional, either physical or psychological. ?
Booking an appointment
for your VIRTUAL Cuddle Therapy Session
The perfect cuddles
What makes a cuddle really comforting and relaxing? It’s consent. It is knowing and trusting that the other person is enjoying it as much as we do. It is trusting that if there is any discomfort (physical or emotional), the other will tell us so; that, as long as nobody says anything, it means that everyone is comfortable and happy to be there, in this contact. It is having enough confidence in the transparency of the other to feel able to ask for everything we want; knowing that if the other is not comfortable or able to satisfy us with all their heart, they will simply say no and offer us something else, a compromise that could be nice for both. It is to understand that if the other person has said no to our request, it is not a no to ourselves, but only a no to the requested touch and that a no is vastly preferable to a forced, “fake” and uncomfortable touch. It is knowing that we have the right to say no. That if they offer us or ask us something that we do not like, we have the right to say no without them feeling rejected. It’s knowing that we have the right to change our mind. That if we said yes to something and that 3 seconds later, we realize that we do not like it, we can change our mind and ask for something else, even if we have just said yes. For a cuddle to be magical, each person must be comfortable and consenting at every moment.
Alie Valérie Hébert-Gentile
Professional cuddler since January 2018
Founder of Calia Cuddle Therapy
Origine: Quebec (Abitibi) and Italy
Spoken languages: Français, English, Italiano
Other passions (besides cuddling!): Plant biology, Car mechanic, Teaching, Barista, Orderly in CHSLD
Story: Alie has always liked to cuddle, but hasn’t always known how to enforce her own boundaries or even where these boundaries were. It’s thanks to her training as a professional cuddler at Cuddlist.com that Alie realizes the power of consent and the importance of respect for personal boundaries; not only in cuddles, but in all interpersonal relationships. It was then that Alie decided to create Calia, Montreal Cuddle Therapy, and to offer Cuddle therapy services in the form of One-on-one Cuddle Therapy Sessions and Cuddle Group Workshops in order to not only fill the lack of affection of the population, but also to teach and spread the magic of consent in our society.