Calia has put several sanitary measures in place to limit the spread of COVID‑19. Despite such measures, by booking a Session at Calia, you admit to being aware of the possible risks of contamination.
Read carefully, as failure to comply with these measures will result in expulsion.
Calia reserves the right to modify these sanitary measures or to suspend in-person services at any time depending on the epidemiological situation.*Mesures sanitaires (pour popup tests seulement)
It should be noted that Alie, the professional, also works as an orderly (PAB) in a long-term care center (CHSLD). Although Alie follows the government and the CHSLD’s health measures to the letter; additional measures have been put in place at Calia in order to reduce the risk of contagion as much as possible, both for Calia’s clients and for the CHSLD’s beneficiaries.
Sanitary measures taken in relation to the professional, Alie
- Alie received her four Pfizer vaccines (two of which are booster shots every 5 or 6 months).
- Alie still wears a mask in every public places and washes her hands.
Sanitary measures taken in relation to Calia’s Space
- Door handles and other frequently touched surfaces are disinfected between each session.
- Sheets, pillowcases, blankets, uniform, etc., are changed and washed between each session.
Sanitary measures taken in relation to the clients
- Screening test
Considering the current prioritization of screening tests, Calia will not ask its clients to provide a screening test result. If you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has symptoms you should stay home anyway.
- Adequate vaccination
There are two ways to have adequate vaccination :
- (1) Having had your three vaccines for at least a week. You will therefore have to present your vaccination passport.
- (2) Having had only two vaccines, but only if the second one was received more than a week ago but less than 5 or 6 months ago. You will therefore have to present your vaccination passport.
- How to get vaccinated against COVID-19
Before coming to Calia, you check if you are at risk of COVID‑19 contagion (presence of flu or COVID‑19 symptoms; recent positive result in the COVID‑19 screening test or have been in contact with someone who has or suspects to have COVID‑19). If this is the case, you must contact Alie and cancel your session at no cost (there is no cancellation fee in the event of COVID‑19) or consequence (you can reschedule an appointment and cancel again as often as necessary).
See the list of COVID‑19 symptoms
Get a COVID-19 test
When you arrive at Calia, you must wear a mask covering your nose and mouth.
- When you arrive at Calia, you must present:
- Once inside, you must go to the bathroom to change your clothes (clean, comfortable, and decent clothes (minimum pants and t-shirt, no shorts or camisole)).
- Before entering Calia’s Space, you must remove your mask, disinfect your hands and then put on a new disposable mask (provided by Calia). The masks are disposable, but proudly made in Canada (Humask) and then safely recycled.
- After the explanations, you will have to sign the service contract which now includes an acknowledgment clause of the possible risks of infection with COVID‑19 due to the nature of the activity (in other words, you confirm that you are aware that despite all the sanitary measures put in place, there is still a risk of contamination from COVID‑19 (see service contract))
- Throughout the session, the mask must be kept in place and cover the nose and mouth.
- Certain positions presenting a greater risk of infection may be refused.
- You agree to notify Alie in the event of the appearance of flu or COVID‑19 symptoms or obtaining a positive result in the COVID‑19 screening test within the next 14 days following the session.
If you can’t or don’t want to follow all these sanitary measures
you still can book a Virtual Session or some Safe Hugs!