Cuddle therapy is not a licensed medical practice and should not replace the consultation of a health professional, either physical or psychological. ?
Cuddle therapy does not include, under any circumstances, any form of explicit or implicit sexuality. ?
Calia has put several sanitary measures in place to limit the spread of COVID-19. Despite such measures, by booking a Session at Calia, you admit to being aware of the possible risks of contamination. ?
a safe space, created by consent, where you can learn and practice to respect and assert yourself; to communicate your needs and boundaries regarding physical contact; and take care of yourself sharing consenting cuddles.
Whether you want more hugs in your life or want to learn to assert yourself and communicate better in your relationships; learn self-care thanks to Cuddle therapy.
Learn to take care of yourself
Explore and communicate your personal boundaries
Learn to say NO to what makes you uncomfortable
Learn to ask for what you need
Learn to appreciate refusal and respect others’ boundaries
Improve your communication skills and your relationships with others
Rediscover the physical and mental benefits of consenting platonic cuddles
Valérie Hébert-Gentile, whom everyone calls Alie, has created Calia Cuddle Therapy in October 2018. Why? Because she wanted to make people happier and had realized that one of the best ways to do that was to allow them to have the affection and hugs they so badly needed. But for these hugs to really be beneficial, people must first learn to communicate with each other, to practice consent and to respect their boundaries. And that’s exactly what Cuddle therapy does!
Due to the current pandemic, Calia had to put in place several sanitary measures in order to be able to reopen without putting everyone at risk.
Please make sure to apply them.
See the complete list of sanitary measures.
Due to Alie’s personal situation and the nature of the service, only people who have been adequately vaccinated can have access to Cuddle Therapy in-person Sessions (other services are available for people who have not been adequately vaccinated).
Thank you for your understanding.
See the different services.
Process and sanitary measures
- You make your reservation on Calia’s website.
- Before coming to Calia, you check if you are at risk of being infected by the COVID-19, and if so, you cancel your session (at no cost or consequences (other than saving lives) “Please take care of everyone!”).
- Once at the door, you wear your mask and show your vaccination passport (QR code), a negative COVID-19 test (72 hours) and a valid ID.
- Once inside, you go to the bathroom to change your clothes (clean, comfortable, and decent clothes).
- Before entering Calia’s Space, you take off your mask, disinfect your hands and then put on a new disposable mask (provided by Calia).
- Then, we can comfortably settle in Calia’s Space.
- We study and sign the service contract (including the acknowledgment clause of possible risks of COVID-19).
- Then, we talk and get to know each other.
- We look at the theory and some exercises on consent and communication around cuddles.
- Meanwhile, a bubble of comfort and security gets created around us, without us even realizing it!
- Then, we get to practice freely, following the Guide to Consent‘s steps.
- Before the end, we debrief together about our experience and slowly come back down to earth!
You need to confide in someone and feel heard; need advice on how to have more touch in your relationship or you want to finally understand what consent really is and how to integrate it into your life and relationships…
but you don’t want to cuddle nor go to Calia?
Book an appointment for a Virtual Session!
or learn more about…
You want to stay updated?
Subscribe to Alie’s Emails!
You will receive maximum 1 to 2 emails per month containing discounts, dates of upcoming events and the latest news from Calia.