Calia has put several sanitary measures in place to limit the spread of COVID-19. Despite such measures, by booking a Session at Calia, you admit to being aware of the possible risks of contamination.
Read carefully, as failure to comply with these measures will result in expulsion.
Calia reserves the right to modify these sanitary measures or to suspend in-person services at any time depending on the epidemiological situation.*Mesures sanitaires (pour popup tests seulement)
It should be noted that Alie, the professional, also works as an orderly (PAB) in a long-term care center (CHSLD). Although Alie follows the government and the CHSLD’s health measures to the letter; additional measures have been put in place at Calia in order to reduce the risk of contagion as much as possible, both for Calia’s clients and for the CHSLD’s beneficiaries.
Sanitary measures taken in relation to the professional, Alie
(In addition to all the other usual health measures such as wearing mask and washing hands)
- Alie received her two Pfizer vaccines 16 weeks apart (which is even more effective).
- Alie has a nasopharingeal screening test (more accurate than gargling) within 72 hours of each session.
Sanitary measures taken in relation to Calia’s Space
- Door handles and other frequently touched surfaces are disinfected between each session.
- Sheets, pillowcases, blankets, uniform, etc., are changed and washed between each session.
Sanitary measures taken in relation to the clients
- Two (2) to three (3) days before your session, you must have been tested for COVID-19. Obviously, you must have received a negative result in order to be able to come to the appointment. (The test must have been done within 72 hours of the appointment, but it takes 24 to 48 hours to get the result; hence the instruction to carry out the test 2 to 3 days before.) You can forward the email, print it out, or simply show the email containing the date of the test and the negative result on your cell phone once you’re here.
Find a COVID-19 testing centre near you
- Before coming to Calia, you check if you are at risk of COVID-19 contagion (presence of flu or COVID-19 symptoms; recent positive result in the COVID-19 screening test or have been in contact with someone who has or suspects to have COVID-19).
If this is the case, you must contact Alie and cancel your session at no cost (there is no cancellation fee in the event of COVID-19) or consequence (you can reschedule an appointment and cancel again as often as necessary).
See the list of COVID-19 symptoms
COVID-19 symptoms self-assessment tool
- When you arrive at Calia, you must wear a mask covering your nose and mouth.
- You must present
- Once inside, you must go to the bathroom to change your clothes (clean, comfortable, and decent clothes (minimum pants and t-shirt, no shorts or camisole)).
- Before entering Calia’s Space, you must remove your mask, disinfect your hands and then put on a new disposable mask (provided by Calia). The masks are disposable, but proudly made in Canada (Humask) and then safely recycled.
- After the explanations, you will have to sign the service contract which now includes an acknowledgment clause of the possible risks of infection with COVID-19 due to the nature of the activity (in other words, you confirm that you are aware that despite all the sanitary measures put in place, there is still a risk of contamination from COVID-19 (see service contract))
- Throughout the session, the mask must be kept in place and cover the nose and mouth.
- Certain positions presenting a greater risk of infection may be refused.
- You agree to notify Alie in the event of the appearance of flu or COVID-19 symptoms or obtaining a positive result in the COVID-19 screening test within the next 14 days following the session.
If you can’t or don’t want to follow all these sanitary measures
you still can book a Virtual Session or some Safe Hugs!